Read the following terms and conditions carefully before downloading, installing or using this Software (defined below). Filling in the space next to “I accept the terms in the License Agreement” indicates your acceptance of these terms and conditions. If you do not agree with such terms and conditions, click “Cancel”. This Software is available only to individuals aged 13 years or older. If you are 13 or older but under the age of 18, you should review these terms and conditions with your parent or guardian to make sure that you and your parent or guardian understand these terms and conditions.
This End User License Agreement (“License” or “License Agreement”) is a legal agreement between Eastman Kodak Company (“Kodak”) and you and applies to your use of this KODAK Cinema Tools software and all related documentation that accompanies this application (“Software”).
Kodak’s licensors refers to any third parties licensing all or any portion of such Software to Kodak. This License is specifically intended for the benefit of Kodak and any Kodak licensors.
1. Grant of License. So long as you are in compliance with this License Agreement, Kodak grants a non-exclusive license to use the Software subject to the restrictions set forth below. No rights to the use of any Kodak, or its licensors’, names, logos or trademarks are conveyed by this License. This License Agreement is not for the sale of Software or any other intellectual property. All right, title and interest, and all intellectual property rights in and to the Software is owned by Kodak or its licensors. Except as expressly stated herein, no other rights are granted to you by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, under any patent, copyright, trade secret, trademark, or other intellectual property right.
2. Restrictions on Use. You may use the Software only on your personal electronic device (e.g. computer, mobile phone, digital camera, etc.). You may not further redistribute, sublicense, rent, loan or lease the Software to a third party.
3. Copyright. The Software is owned by Kodak, its licensors or its suppliers and protected by copyright laws and international treaties. You may not copy the Software other than as expressly provided in this License. You may not reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for the Software, or use any part of the Software for any use other than that for which it was supplied by Kodak, unless specifically authorized by Kodak. You may not modify, adapt, alter, translate, or create derivative works from the Software.
4. Term. This License is effective until terminated. You may terminate this License at any time by deleting or otherwise destroying the Software together with all copies in any form. This License will also automatically terminate if you fail to comply with any term or condition of this License. You agree that Kodak also may, at its sole discretion, temporarily or permanently terminate the License with prior notice to you and/or terminate the Services (as defined in Paragraph 8) without prior notice to you. Upon termination, for any reason, you agree to destroy the Software together with all copies in any form. Provisions which, by their nature, should remain in effect beyond termination of this License Agreement shall survive.
5. Compliance with Laws and Terms. You agree to comply with all applicable laws in connection with the use of the Software and Services. The form and content of pictures, text or other material that you transmit or create products from is governed by applicable laws (such as, those prohibiting child abuse, child pornography, copyright infringement, or invasion of privacy). If you use the Software to transmit material to Kodak, its affiliates, or any third party for printing or product fulfillment or other purposes, you must comply with the relevant terms of service. You may not use the Software to transmit to Kodak, its affiliates, or any third parties any pictures, text or other material that is unlawful, whether a violation of civil rights (such as libel) or criminal law (such as obscenity), or that fosters hatred of any race, religion, ethnicity, age-group, gender or sexuality. You agree that you will defend, indemnify and hold Kodak harmless against any claim arising out of or related to your failure to comply with the terms of this Section 5.
6. Software Features. The Software may contain features that enable Kodak, via the internet, to notify you of available software upgrades, promotions, products and services in which you may be interested; to update product data files and instructional and marketing content in the Software; and to collect non-personally identifiable usage data. The Software may also contain features that enable you to download store locator files, new product themes and product catalogs. You agree that Kodak may utilize these features to provide such notices and updates, permit such downloads and to collect such data, unless you have elected to deactivate the features in the Software.
Please keep in mind that the nature of the Software and services may be interactive, and as part of your use of the Software you will be provided the opportunity to share information and content with third parties. You should use caution when deciding what information and content to share through the Software.
Kodak may share Aggregate Data with vendors who assist Kodak in providing its products and services; with third party business partners with whom Kodak provides joint promotions; with Kodak’s affiliated companies, including any parent or subsidiaries of Kodak; and Kodak may share Aggregate Data if Kodak believes it is necessary to comply with legal process (such as a court order, subpoena, search warrant, etc.), or other legal requirements of any governmental authority; if Kodak believes it would potentially mitigate Kodak’s liability in an actual or potential lawsuit; if Kodak believes it is permitted by law or if doing so will not violate the law; or if Kodak believes it is otherwise necessary to protect Kodak’s rights or property; or is necessary to protect the interests of other users of the Software. In the unlikely event that all or part of Kodak’s business is sold or acquired by a third party, Kodak will transfer such information to the new business owner.
9. Your Representations and Warranties. You represent and warrant that you possess the legal right and ability to agree to this License Agreement, and that all information or material that you transmit through the Software is owned by you, is true, accurate and current, including Login Credentials. You agree that you will not: (i) transmit any material that is copyrighted, protected by trade secret or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights or have written permission from their rightful owner to post the material and to grant the right to use such materials as provided in this Agreement; (ii) submit any false information or misrepresentation that could result in liability or damage to us or any third party; (iii) submit any material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, pornographic, graphic or gratuitously violent, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, encourages conduct that would give rise to criminal or civil liability, violate any law, or is otherwise inappropriate; (iv) impersonate another person, including submitting their photographs as your own; (v) transmit worms, viruses or other malicious codes; and (vi) violate the terms and conditions of any website or application to which you transmit Images through the Software.
You affirm that you are over the age of 13, and acknowledge that the Software is not available for children under 13. If you are under 13 years of age, then you may not use the Software.
10. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY. The Software is provided to you “AS IS”. Kodak and its licensors do not warrant that the functions contained in the Software will meet your requirements or that the operation of the Software will be uninterrupted or error free. You assume responsibility for operation of the Software, and for the installation, use, and results obtained from the Software.
The Software may contain hypertext links to third-party web sites or information. Kodak does not make any warranty, endorsement, sponsorship, or recommendation of the third-party, the third-party web site, or the information contained therein. Kodak is not responsible for the availability of any such web site or liable for the content thereon. You need to make your own decisions regarding your interactions or communications with any other web site.
Subject to any applicable legislation which prohibits the following exclusions, KODAK AND ITS LICENSORS MAKE NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND RELATED TO THE SOFTWARE, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, or arising from course of performance, dealing, usage or trade. Some states and countries do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, or have legislation that imposes certain statutory warranties that cannot be excluded, so the above exclusion may not apply to you.
11. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. Your use of the Software is entirely at your own risk. Under no circumstance will Kodak, its agents, licensors or suppliers be liable to you on account of your use or misuse of, or reliance on, the Software. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL KODAK, ITS LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS OR DEALERS BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY ACTUAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING ANY LOST PROFITS, LOST SAVINGS, costs of procurement of substitute products or services OR OTHER DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. Some states and countries do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, or have legislation that restricts the limitation or exclusion of liability, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
12. Governing Law. If the Software was obtained in the United States, this License is governed by the laws of the State of New York. If the Software was obtained outside of the United States, this License is governed by the laws of the country in which it was obtained. This License shall not be governed by the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods, the application of which is expressly excluded. If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision, or portion thereof, to be unenforceable, the remainder of this License shall continue in full force and effect.
13. Export Law Assurances. You may not use or otherwise export or re-export the Software except as authorized by United States law and laws of the jurisdiction in which the Software was obtained. In particular, but without limitation, the Software may not be exported or re-exported (a) into (or to a national or resident of) any U.S. embargoed countries (including without limitation Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Serbia, Sudan, and Syria) or (b) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Department of Commerce Denied Person's List or Entity List. By using the Software, you represent and warrant that you are not located in, under control of, or a national or resident of any such country or on any such list.
14. Federal Acquisitions. This Section 14 applies to all acquisitions of the Software by or for the federal government, or by any prime contractor or subcontractor (at any tier) under any contract, grant, cooperative agreement or other activity with the federal government. The Software is a "commercial item" as that term is defined in 48 C.F.R. 2.101 (October, 2004) consisting of "commercial computer software" and "commercial computer software documentation” as such terms are used in 48 C.F.R. 227.7202-1, 227.7202-3, 227.7202-4 (October, 2004). If you are in the U.S. Government or any agency or department thereof, the Software is licensed (a) only as a commercial item and (b) with only those rights as are granted hereunder.
15. EUROPEAN COMMUNITY PROVISIONS. If you obtained this Software within a country of the European Community, nothing in this License shall be construed as restricting any rights available under the European Community Software Directive (91/250/EEC).
16. The Software includes certain Application Programming Interfaces (“API’s”) that are part of the Android software platform and are governed by the terms and conditions of the open source license, Apache 2.0 which can be found at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.html.
17. Miscellaneous. Each provision of this License Agreement is severable. If a provision is found to be unenforceable, this finding does not affect the enforceability of the remaining provisions, terms, or conditions of this License Agreement. This License Agreement is binding on successors and assigns. Kodak will not be responsible for any non-performance or delay attributable in whole or in part to any cause beyond its reasonable control. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as creating any agency, partnership, or other form of joint enterprise between the parties. You acknowledge that you have read this License Agreement, that you understand it, that you agree to be bound by its terms, and that the foregoing is the complete and exclusive statement of the License Agreement.