KODAK Student Cinematography Scholarship Award Nomination Form 2016
(One cinematography nomination per school)
For university or college students of cinematography at the undergraduate or graduate levels in a degree or diploma program. Nominations must be made by the school department or program official.
(Form must be completed in full to qualify.)
Prizes Awarded in this Worldwide Program
(awarded in US dollar, to be delivered by check, by mail, to the institution)
Excellence in the Craft of Filmmaking Category:
First Place: $3,000 Scholarship Tuition Award and $5,000 KODAK Motion Picture Product Grant
Kodak Vision Award: $3,000 Scholarship Tuition Award and $5,000 KODAK Motion Picture Product Grant*
* To qualify for the Vision Award, the project must be shot at least 50% on film - hybrid ok.
A world-renowned cinematographer will judge the final selection of Student Cinematography nominees. Nominees will be evaluated solely on the quality of their cinematography skills.
Conditions of Entry
- Entries must be completed works that communicate a story or theme in some fashion — no clips or short vignettes.
- Eligible institutions are colleges and universities in the following countries: Argentina, Australia, Austria, Barbados, Belize, Benelux, Bermuda, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Guyana, Haiti, Hungary, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Korea, Mexico, Netherlands Antilles, New Zealand, Pakistan, Philippines, Poland, Puerto Rico, Romania, Russian Federation, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Surinam, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay and Venezuela.
- Each institution can nominate one cinematography student each year for consideration for the KODAK Student Cinematography Scholarship Award.
- College student nominees must be fulltime undergraduate or graduate students enrolled in the 2015 - 2016 academic year and planning to enroll for the 2016 - 2017 academic year in a film school’s degree or diploma program.
- All judges’ decisions are final.
- The names of the winners may be published on the website at www.kodak.com/go/motion. Winners agree to allow the free use of their names, photographs and general location for publicity and news purposes in connection with the Scholarship Program.
- The winner’s film entry will be screened at the annual UFVA Conference.
The Nomination (to be completed by a school or department official)
Please note: One cinematography nomination per school
for a KODAK Cinematography Scholarship Award and verify that:
- The applicant is working toward the degree or diploma program described in this application and the camera work submitted in the portfolio is by him or her.
- My educational institution attests to the nominee’s outstanding abilities and talent in cinematography as expressed in the faculty member’s statement.
- If a Scholarship Tuition Award is given from this application, I warrant that these funds will be administered by my institution in compliance with the conditions of the prize.
Letter of Support
Attach a letter of support from a member of your school or departmental faculty familiar with your camera work. To the faculty member: please provide your candid assessment of the nominee’s cinematography skills.
Nominee Education Data
Additional training in production, workshops, internships, seminars
Nominee's Statement of Motivation
Nominee's Film Submission
Please provide a one-page vitae emphasizing film-related experiences.
Please provide a URL to the nominee’s work on Vimeo or YouTube. This work should best demonstrate the nominee’s skills in cinematography.
PLEASE REMOVE ALL PASSWORDS FROM YOUR SUBMISSION.
Important Note : Incomplete applications will be disqualified.
Deadline & Award Dates
Nomination Deadline : Entries must be submitted by May 27, 2016 EXTENDED June 10, 2016.
Award Announcement: August 2016 Scholarship Tuition Award Available: September 2016